We prefer 2 weeks of hair growth before your waxing appointment. If your hair is any longer, feel free to trim it up to the size of a long grain of rice.
- Take a shower/bath with warm water and gently exfoliate the area. This will soften your hair and open up your pores for a better waxing result.
- If you have a low pain tolerance, take an Ibuprofen 30 minutes before or as recommended by your doctor.
- Wear loose clothing and cotton underwear to appointment.
- For the first 24-48 hours, avoid any activities such as: working out, facials, direct sun exposure, swimming, tanning, wearing tight clothing and intimacy.
- For the remainder of the day, do not apply make-up on the face after facial services or deodorant after underarm services.
- Keep the area clean.
- Exfoliate the area 48-72 hours after your wax and 2-3x's a week.
We recommend every 3-4 weeks. If you are accustomed
to shaving, expect a few hairs left behind due to an uneven growth cycle. Your hair growth cycle will start to match up after a few visits depending on the person. Remember, if you go back and forth from shaving to waxing, you will not get the results that you want. As long as you are consistent and have a good at-home regimen, the better your results will be.
Irritation/breakouts are very common...especially if its your first time. After care instructions will be given after your initial appointment.
Even though you may be more sensitive during this time or a couple of days before, you may wax during your menstrual cycle. Please have in a fresh tampon before your appointment.
Yes, waxing is safe during pregnancy. If you have any other concerns, please contact your doctor.
Lifted skin or a burn can occur if you are on any acne medication. If you are using any type of retinol or retinoid, you must discontinue use at least seven days prior and post waxing services. IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT YOUR ACNE MEDICATION OR SKINCARE PRODUCTS, PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DERMATOLOGIST BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT.
Copyright © 2019 Beauty Mark Lounge - All Rights Reserved.